Atauttikkut Project Coordinator Alaska
Project Coordinator in Alaska for Atauttikkut – Inuit Youth Connect.
ArcticNet is looking for a motivated person to take part in the coordination of an exciting project in partnership with the Inuit Circumpolar Council (ICC) and Live It Earth. The Atauttikkut – Inuit Youth Connect project aims to engage and connect Inuit youth from different parts of the North American Arctic in a way that provides them with an opportunity to discuss climate change issues that affect them, share their realities and develop plans to act on common aspirations through the development of media skills, the production of short videos and the participation in a virtual exchange forum.
Coordination of communication activities as well as local and regional outreach initiatives in support of the Atauttikkut – Inuit Youth Connect project; tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing an outreach campaign specifically targeted to youth (18-35 years old) in Alaska;
- Supporting ArcticNet staff in their efforts to engage with community representatives;
- Strengthening local capacity of youth to engage in skill-building workshops and webinars;
- Facilitating meaningful connections between youth from different Arctic regions;
- Coordinating the invitation and participation of Alaskan youth in the virtual exchange forum;
- Helping in the writing of the final report.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of Secondary 5 / High School diploma or relevant experience in coordinating projects and events;
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (Inuktitut is an asset);
- Previous experience in a similar capacity is an asset;
- Ability to ensure effective project management;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Valid email for communications;
- Willing to work a flexible schedule;
- Main residence in Alaska.
Part-time contract (on average 10 hours/week, maximum of 480 hours total) from April 2022 to March 2023.
Commensurate with experience from 27$US/hour to 32$US/hour.
NEW DEADLINE. Please submit your resume (CV including one reference) and a motivation letter by May 15, 2022 to: email@example.com
Please include the header “Atauttikkut Coordinator Application” in your header. Thank you.
Direct any questions regarding the job position to: firstname.lastname@example.org