Education and Outreach Coordinator
Play a lead role in the development of a communication and outreach program that strengthens the relationship between DEWR and Nunavik Inuit; tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing outreach campaigns and educational materials aimed at reinforcing Inuit values, knowledge and traditional approaches to wildlife management;
- Supporting other DEWR/NRC staff in their efforts to engage with community representatives;
- Strengthening local capacity to engage in, and lead, wildlife management and research, environmental monitoring and planning;
- Assist in the coordination of harvest studies, wildlife monitoring programs and other research;
- Minimum Secondary 5 (college or university degree in related field an asset);
- Ability to communicate fluently in Inuktitut and English (French an asset);
- Previous experience in a similar capacity is an asset;
- Proven ability to design projects and ensure effective project management;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable speaking to large crowds;
- Sound knowledge of wildlife, the environment and Inuit Knowledge;
- Proficient computer skills (graphic design / illustration experience is ideal).
DURATION: Full-Time Permanent
SALARY: According to the salary scale
BENEFITS: All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual.