Successful EDI Case Studies – Novel Examples that Overcome the Normal Practices and Inspire Change
Successful EDI Case Studies - Novel Examples that Overcome the Normal Practices and Inspire Change
SMARTER, BETTER, STRONGER – ACHIEVING EXCELLENCE IN NORTHERN RESEARCH THROUGH DIVERSITY
The diversity of a team can help drive and shape research questions, methods and perspectives by incorporating new knowledge and ways of doing. Diverse teams tend to be smarter, demonstrate fewer biases and errors, make better decisions and generate research with greater impact.
ArcticNet, in collaboration with Sentinel North, is pleased to welcome speaker Kelly Nolan in a series of webinars that aim at examining current research selection criteria and definitions of excellence through an EDI lens. Through these presentations we hope to show compelling examples of how our systems of process can have unintentional/intentional consequences, and how to overcome these challenges.
In these webinars, the following questions will be explored:
- How does an individual’s lived experiences intersect with Northern research?
- What elements contribute to a culturally safe environment in research activities in the North?
- What are our personal responsibilities?
- How can we contribute to building a safe environment to bring our full identities to work and ensure others feel comfortable too?
In these webinars you will learn:
- How you can contribute to a more inclusive work environment and contribute in meaningful ways that lead to improved outcomes and knowledge.
- How identities and our sense of inclusion evolve overtime.
- The impact of white-hetero normative cultural spaces on identity.
- Novel approaches that have delivered results.
- Evidence-based resources and our ability to make positive impacts.
About the webinar facilitator. Kelly Nolan is an executive and consultant in business development, external affairs, diversity, inclusion and gender equity, strategic affairs and research advocacy. She is a super-connector and the creator of the compelling male ally, unconscious bias, inclusive management workshops for leaders and their teams.
SUCCESSFUL EDI CASE STUDIES – NOVEL EXAMPLES THAT OVERCOME THE NORMAL PRACTICES AND INSPIRE CHANGE
So much EDI work is focused on proving inequity exists to those that are privileged. We will explore some case studies that show meaningful examples of positive change in this space.
May 20, 2022, 13h00-14h00 EST