By your use of the Website, and any services available on it, you consent to your personal data being treated in the manner described herein. In no case will they be used otherwise. We therefore invite you to read this Policy carefully. To the extent that you do not agree with the terms it contains, we advise you not to consult or use the Website and to leave it immediately.
I. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. What personal data do we collect?
“Personal data” includes all the information that directly or indirectly identifies a natural person. When you browse our Website, we collect the personal data that you provide to us directly, on the basis of consent, in particular by using the contact forms on the Website. This includes your first and last name, email, phone number, company / university, etc.
2. For what purposes do we use the personal data you provide?
On the basis of the consent you express by submitting a contact form, the personal data collected by the Website will be mainly used to communicate with you, in particular to allow us to respond to your requests. Depending on the nature of the request and the content of our exchanges, personal data may be used for other purposes such as managing a publication request or referencing an ArticNet partner, as more fully described herein. Your personal data will also be used as required in order to comply with any law.
We only collect and use the information required and necessary to enable us to achieve the above purposes.
II. COOKIES CHARTER
1. What are cookies?
Tracers, or connection cookies (cookies) are text files saved in the memory of your browser located on your hard drive when consulting a website, reading an email, installing or using software or mobile applications. This data does not identify you directly. It is mainly used to optimize the functioning of the Website and to provide a personalized experience for each user.
You can delete all cookies installed on your computer at any time and deactivate their acceptance by choosing the option provided in your browser. This deactivation could, however, cause the Website to malfunction and make certain features or pages of the Website difficult to access, or even inaccessible.
2. Whatpersonal data do cookies collect?
3. Forwhatpurposes do we use the personal data you provide us?
The personal data collected via cookies are intended to analyze website traffic and to establish traffic and browsing statistics useful for its maintenance, to preserve safe browsing and to ensure the proper functioning of the Website. They can also be used for research and analysis.
III. SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We undertake not to market the personal data that we collect about you. However, we may share your personal data with third parties in the following cases:
– in the event that the Website requires the services of third parties for its technical maintenance. These third parties will only have access to personal data to the extent necessary to ensure such processing and secure the Website. CQTNC technical service providers are chosen for their expertise and reliability and are required to comply with the instructions we communicate to them in order to protect the integrity of your personal data. In any case, we only authorize these service providers to use your personal data to the extent that this is necessary to provide services and in accordance with applicable law;
– for referral purposes to ArticNet’s third party partners, so that they can communicate with you;
– with the analytical solution service (eg. Google Analytics), as described above;
– in the event of a change of control of ArticNet;
– to comply with the obligations conferred by law, including in the context of legal proceedings, to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order or other legal process or to respond to an investigation or request from law enforcement authorities.
IV. RIGHTS ON YOUR PERSONAL DATA
At any time, you can contact us as provided in the “Contact us” section, in order to exercise the following rights over your personal data:
– right of access, rectification, or deletion of all or part of your personal data;
– right to object to the processing of your personal data, i.e. the possibility of refusing all or part of your personal data to be used for certain purposes mentioned in this Policy;
– right to limit the processing of your personal data;
– right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data; and
– right to the portability of your personal data, insofar as this is applicable,
subject to the legitimate reasons ArticNet may have for keeping such personal data.
V. SECURITY AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data we collect is stored in secure servers with restricted access. We take reasonable steps to ensure that any third party service provider provides a safe and adequate environment to protect your personal data in accordance with the law. We therefore use firewalls, SSL protocol, intrusion detection software and manual security procedures to ensure the protection of your data against unauthorized access or misuse. ArticNet also limits the number of employees with access to your personal data to managers or other representatives who need to consult or process it, and they are required to respect complete confidentiality.
Please note, however, that some Laws may allow a government, court or state body to require disclosure of your personal data. ArticNet assumes no responsibility in this regard and will not oppose the disclosure of your personal data should it be required by such law. By voluntarily providing us with your personal data, you agree that it may be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the above.
Also, given the international nature of our activities, your personal data may be transferred outside of Canada, in particular to the United States and Europe. In such cases and to the extent required by applicable laws, we will ensure that :
– the recipient country offers an adequate level of protection, as established by decision of Canada or the European Commission;
when we enter into contracts for the transfer of personal data we will put in place the security measures that comply with the requirements required by law.
VI. PERIOD OF CONSERVATION OF PERSONAL DATA
We keep your personal data in ArticNet’s computer files in accordance with the applicable data retention laws in the jurisdictions where ArticNet operates, including those relating to commercial and tax solicitation.
VII. EXTERNAL LINKS
VIII. CONTACT US
For any questions concerning our practices in terms of protection and retention of personal data or for the exercise of any right provided for in this Policy, we invite you to contact ArticNet at the following email address: email@example.com.
Or by mail to the following postal address:
Alexandre-Vachon Pavilion, Room 4081
1045, avenue de la Médecine,
Quebec, QC Canada G1V 0A6
IX. UPDATING THE POLICY
ArticNet reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time according to the evolution of the functionalities of the Website, as well as the Laws applicable to the activities of ArticNet. If significant changes should be made to this Policy, in particular as to the nature or purpose of using personal data collected on the Website, ArticNet will take the means to notify you, in particular by prominently posting these changes when their entry into force, in which case they will take effect immediately upon the publication of such update.
Last updated: 07.22.2021